My internship as a strength and conditioning coach at Hofstra University was a unique experience.
Training and coaching men's and women's athletic teams for Hofstra University, included men’s and women's basketball, baseball, men’s and women’s lacrosse, soccer, golf, and wrestling for Hofstra University was a great adventure.
I provided dynamic warmups for them, completing 430 hours, averaging 43 hours per week.
The following are lessons and specific methods that I learned as a strength and conditioning coach during my internship with Hofstra University’s athletics program.
- Take the initiative to achieve what you desire for yourself.
- You get out what you put in.
- Having a plan is more effective than not having one.
- Using chains for squats will change the strength curve in a movement because it requires extra stability.
- A linear training program is a progression from high volume to low volume.
- If you do not know, ask.
- Call everyone by their first name.